The purpose of this Policy is to explain to you how we use personal information we collect about you and includes the topics set out below:-
- Your confidentiality and privacy
- Information we might need from you
- How we use this information
- How to unsubscribe from marketing
- How we keep this information secure
If we make changes to this Policy, we will notify you by updating this statement on our website. You can access our website homepage and browse our site without disclosing your personal data.
Your confidentiality and privacy
We guarantee to protect your privacy. We take great care to make sure you receive the best protection possible for your personal information and any financial details that you provide. The Prismawebsite is a secure site, and any personal data we collect from you is safe from misuse.
We abide by the Data Protection Act 2006and we make sure that any personal information we hold is handled properly. This means that your information will be fairly and lawfully processed, that we will make sure that it is accurate, and that your information is not kept for longer than necessary. Your information will be kept secure and processed in line with your rights under the Data Protection Act 2006and will not be transferred to countries (whether inside or outside of the European Economic Area) without ensuring that adequate protection is in place.
As is normal for any retailer or other organisation, we use reputable businesses from time to time to supply us with a range of services such as delivery of parcels and printing of materials and it may be necessary to share your information, e.g. name/address details for parcel delivery, with those businesses. We will, of course, ensure that your information is secure and adequately protected and processed in line with the Data Protection Act 2006.
Information we might need from you
Your name, date of birth, address, customer number, telephone number, e-mail address, credit/debit card number, expiry date and issue number. If you enter a prize draw or competition we will need your name, address, customer number and e-mail address.
How we use this information
We may use the information you provide as follows:-
- To confirm receipt of your order, process it and keep you informed of progress
- To keep you up to date with new services, facilities, special offers and promotions (further details below)
- To enhance your shopping experience in the future by tailoring the site to meet your needs
- To administer prize draws and competitions you may enter
We may also use your information, including shopping habits, for marketing as set out below. If you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please see the section below headed “How to unsubscribe from marketing”.
- We may contact you by mail, telephone, email or any other reasonable method in relation to products we offer for sale.
- We may contact you by mail, telephone, email or any other reasonable method to introduce products offered for sale by Prisma.
- We may share your details with carefully selected third parties and those organisations may contact you by mail. We will not allow such organisations to contact you by email or telephone unless you have given us express permission for us to do so.
How to unsubscribe from marketing
If you decide at any time that you do not wish to be contacted for marketing purposes by La Redoute or you decide that you do not wish La Redoute to share information for marketing purposes with other brands we operate from time to time (e.g. Vertbaudet), with other members of the Redcats Group or with carefully selected third parties, you can unsubscribe easily by following the instructions below.
- Marketing from La Redoute, our other brands or other Redcats Group members
- Type of communication you no longer wish to receive (e.g. mail, telephone, email).
This information helps us to improve the overall level of service we provide to you. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies. You do not have to accept cookies and can set up your web browser to automatically notify you when you receive a cookie, this will give you the opportunity to decide whether to accept it. Please remember that, if you disable cookies, this will affect our ability to deliver a service through our website that is more tailored to you.
You can obtain further information about cookies from www.aboutcookies.org and www.allaboutcookies.org. Please note, however, that those sites are operated by third parties and are not owned or operated by Prismaand the Prismahas no control over content.
How we keep this information secure
All the information above is transmitted securely using encryption. This means that the information is sent in such a way that, in the extremely unlikely event that someone is somehow able to obtain this information, only we can decode the information to obtain your details. This is done by encrypting the data between your computer and our server.
You can tell that the data is encrypted as the address in your browser will change from http:// to https:// and a small padlock icon will appear at the bottom of your browser window. This is your guarantee that you can send your details to us with confidence.
We are required by the Data Protection Act 2006to follow strict security procedures in how we store and disclose information. You may be assured that we will adhere to these procedures with your personal details.
We keep our Policy under regular review and we will place any updates on this webpage. This Policy was last updated on 29March2010.
Prisma 50 is not responsible if it get any third party due to illegally made a breakthrough in the system on the site.